The primary purpose of Catholic education is to give a well-rounded spiritual and academic education to Catholic young people. However, Schlarman Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to the school.
Schlarman Academy School admits students regardless of sex, race, color, national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded to the students in the school. Schlarman also does not limit admissions to immigrant student status (ref. Plyer v. Doe).
Schlarman Academy is dedicated to serving the spiritual and educational needs of Catholic students who demonstrate a commitment to its mission, goals, and religious values, and who best benefit from its academic program. We admit a broad cross section of students with varying academic, leadership, athletic, and artistic abilities. Schlarman Academy seeks a student body, which will benefit from and contribute to academic excellence within a community of faith.
Priority for Admission. Families who follow our application procedures and timeline will be admitted on the following priority basis:
- First priority for admission is given to children with siblings already attending Schlarman Academy who are in good standing with the school.
- Second priority will be given to children of registered and participating members of St. Isaac Jogues, St. Mary, Holy Family, St. Paul, and St. Anthony churches in our Vicariate.
- Third priority will be given to children of registered and participating members of other Catholic parishes.
- Fourth priority will be given to children of families who are non-registered/non-practicing Catholics.
- Fifth priority will be given to children of families from other religious denominations or faith backgrounds.
Kindergarten students must be five years of age by September 1 of the year they apply for admission.
Required at Time of Application
- Birth Certificate
- Baptismal Certificate (if Catholic)
- Church Verification form for Catholic rate
- Previous school transcript(s) and copy of standardized test scores including behavior report (if transferring from another school)
- Proof of medical exam and record of immunizations must be submitted by all new students before school begins. Additional medical/dental/vision exam requirements apply for certain grade levels.
As part of the admission process, families agree to maintain a commitment to the mission, goals, and religious values of Schlarman Academy School through support of the policies outlined in the parent-student handbook. Students transferring to Schlarman Academy School from other schools will undergo a screening process to ensure that the student’s previous record and reason for transfer are consistent with Schlarman Academy School’s mission and goals. Transferring students must have a record free of major disciplinary incidents (e.g. suspension, expulsion, major infractions or multitude of minor infraction of school rules). In addition, if the information gathered indicates that Schlarman Academy School does not have the educational program to best serve the academic, behavioral, or social/emotional needs of the student, the student will not be accepted for admission.
Students transferring to Schlarman Academy from other high schools will undergo a screening process to assure that the student’s former school record and reason for transfer are consistent with Schlarman Academy’s mission and goals. All students entering and seeking admission to Schlarman Academy in grades 9 to 12 must also pass the drug-screening test as set forth in the Policy for Screening for Drug Usage. When a student is accepted, school transcripts are used to plan the student’s academic program at Schlarman Academy.
Every Catholic is expected to join their parish community at Mass each Sunday and Holy Day to give thanks and praise to God. Schlarman Academy School offers a tuition discount to members of St. Isaac Jogues, St. Mary, Holy Family, St. Paul, and St. Anthony churches in our Vicariate who are active participants. Because the parish makes this tuition discount available by contributing a significant sum to the operational expenses of the school, to be eligible for the discounted “parish member” rate, families must observe the following requirements:
- Be a registered parishioner
- Participate in the celebration of Mass on Sunday and Holy Day.
- Obtain a signed Verification form by the parish priest
Parishioner status will be monitored each December and June. Families who fail to maintain active parish membership at their registered church will be charged the standard (non-parishioner) tuition rate beginning the next semester.
Thank you for your interest in Schlarman Academy. The following are suggested steps in the enrollment process:
- Call the school office at (217) 442-3880 or e-mail your questions to email@example.com. We would be glad to set up a tour or a time for your student to shadow.
- Fill out the Prospective Student Information form. Bring these forms for your tour or shadow along with previous school records indicating current grades, standardized test scores and behavior.
- If you are interested in financial assistance, explore the various options, including Invest In Kids Scholarship, Spalding and tuition assistance. Spalding, Academic Scholarships and tuition assistance become available in January and are due by April. These are first come, first serve. Please apply early!
- Once your application has been approved and you have completed your tour or shadow, please refer to the Schlarman Dress Code guidelines and order uniform clothes for your student.
- If you are registering for beginning a new school year, you will receive a mailing in late July or early August which will include important registration forms and information. All fees for books (amounts depend on courses selected,) drug testing, student planners and graduation fees are due before school begins.
- At Schlarman Academy, we save the environment by utilizing our website and email as much as possible. Please become very familiar with our website.
We look forward to having your child join our Schlarman Family. This is the start of your journey with Schlarman Academy. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at 217-442-3880. Please know that we are here to walk with you and your family.
To have our children attend Schlarman High School has been both a privilege and an answer to prayer. There are numerous reasons that we appreciate Schlarman. From our first visit to the school, it felt like "home" to us and where our children needed to be. Our children are able to grow both spiritually and academically in a safe and encouraging environment. The entire faculty and staff genuinely cares for them and the kids know and feel that. We have two of our children currently attending Schlarman High School and we look forward to the day that our two younger children will be Toppers too! Lisa and Eric Rademacher, parents of Frank and Maria Rademacher