Schlarman Academy offers pre-school classes for 3 and 4 year old children. We use the state cut-off date of Sept. 1st to determine entry and into which class students will be enrolled. For the 2018-19 school year, classes begin on August 15, 2018. If you are interested in our pre-school program, please contact the school at 217,442.3880 for more information on how this program will work for you.
Our Pre-School offers:
- A faith-based, Catholic pre-school program.
- A focus on the whole child, including social and academic skills.
- Hands-on learning experiences that include activities in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
- Full or half-day programs.
- Three or five day a week options for attendance.
- Child care before and after school starting at 7:00 a.m. and ending at 5:30 p.m. (included in the cost of tuition for pre-school students).
- A hot lunch program for full day students (included in the cost of tuition).
The focus of preschool is to help children develop physically (large and small motor skills), as well as develop a general readiness with letter and number recognition which will expand into reading. Emotional and social growth and language development are developed through play and song.